AFJ seeks a Communications Intern to support our team and contribute to our mission. Interns will work 12-20 hours per work depending on class schedules.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintenance and management of media lists.
- Assist with research projects.
- Support AFJ events.
- Support AFJ social media outreach and outreach for our sister organization, AFJAC.
- Assist with creation of graphics, artwork and marketing materials.
- Support video production projects.
- Assist with monitoring media landscape for coverage of AFJ and our issues.
In addition to a demonstrated commitment to social justice, civil rights, and public interest issues, the ideal candidate has:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact online, on the phone and in-person with supporters and professional staff;
- Proficiency with online search tools (Google, Lexis-Nexis);
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience using online social media in a professional setting (a plus but not required);
- Knowledge of HTML, web/graphic design, and/or databases such as Salsa (a plus but not required).
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining your interest in an internship with Alliance for Justice, a resume, short writing sample, and at least two references. To submit your application online, click the button below.
Alliance for Justice is an equal opportunity employer.