The Alliance for Justice seeks a Vice President for Programs who will be a skilled manager and progressive leader working in close partnership with Alliance President to form a senior executive team. The Vice President of Programs will have strong writing skills, with the ability to edit reports, memos, etc., of Alliance staff. The Vice President for Programs will assume significant responsibilities for directing effective programs to advance access to justice and advocacy, including public and media appearances. This will influence the Alliance’s continued growth and effectiveness in the decades ahead. This position works closely with Board Executive, Board of Directors, Committees of the Board and senior staff to set overall organizational policies and priorities.
- Direct Alliance for Justice programs;
- Develop organizational and program strategy in partnership with President and senior staff;
- Ensure the Alliance has the leadership capability to meet strategic goals by hiring, performance assessment, and development of program staff;
- Oversee programs, provide guidance for program staff as needed, and ensure the leadership development of program staff; and
- Serve on senior management team of Alliance and provide support to the President as needed.
- 10+ years of Hill or nonprofit programmatic leadership;
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills; comfort in public presentations;
- Media experience desired;
- Law degree; and
- Energy for challenges and passion for social change.
AFJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history and requirements online by clicking “APPLY FOR THIS POSITION,” below.