AFJ’s award-winning 2013 First Monday video, Roe at Risk, documents the disturbing reality that 40 years after Roe v. Wade women across the country are seeing their reproductive rights slip away. Increasingly radical state laws:
- Place impossible requirements on abortion providers
- Compel women to undergo intrusive procedures
- Drastically reduce the length of time during which abortion is legal
- Grant fetuses “personhood” rights.
Many Americans are waking up to the reality that rights they have held for four decades may no longer be secure.
- See the New York screening of the video and watch reproductive rights leaders discuss Roe at Risk
- Read AFJ’s new report In Their Words: The Supreme Court Justices on Abortion
Actress and activist Amy Brenneman, star of Judging Amy and Private Practice, narrates the film, which describes the full scope of attacks on women’s constitutional rights nationwide, while telling the story through the prism of women’s day-to-day struggles in Mississippi and Texas. These two states are facing the dramatic and wrenching consequences of radical anti-abortion legislation. But they’re also places where women and their allies are fighting back, standing up strongly for their constitutional right to reproductive freedom and justice.
Spread the word: www.roeatrisk.org
Activists in local communities and campus leaders on hundreds of law school, college and university campuses will use this film as a centerpiece for discussions, forums, debates and other educational events.
For support in putting on a successful film screening event, email email@example.com and follow Roe at Risk at @TerraAFJ
To join this important organizing endeavor, submit the form below — we will send you a free copy of ROE AT RISK!