Alliance for Justice (AFJ) is seeking an experienced marketing communications professional to join our communications and Bolder Advocacy teams. The Marketing Communications Manager will primarily serve AFJ’s Bolder Advocacy program. In partnership with other members of the communications team, they will help implement an overall content marketing strategy for Bolder Advocacy’s thought leadership and advocacy resources, while also serving other organizational marketing needs as required. They will ensure that all Bolder Advocacy resources, blog posts, podcasts and social media content align with AFJ’s overall strategy and effectively engage key target audiences around Bolder Advocacy and AFJ’s work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and edit (and preferably design) blog posts, social media content, marketing emails, reports, and advocacy toolkits on behalf of Bolder Advocacy;
- Ensure AFJ and Bolder Advocacy’s brand and design guidelines are consistently followed across all of the organization’s platforms and channels;
- In collaboration with the Bolder Advocacy team, create an editorial calendar and promotion strategy for AFJ’s Rules of the Game Podcast;
- Create marketing materials and case studies on behalf of Bolder Advocacy and AFJ;
- Assist in the development and execution of a marketing strategy for AFJ’s regional offices in Texas and California;
- Identify key target audiences in nonprofit organizations that Bolder Advocacy would like to reach and create a content marketing strategy to reach each target audience.
- Commitment to progressive causes;
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-paced environment;
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing communications experience in a progressive nonprofit, trade association, agency or corporate communications environment;
- Familiarity with best practices in email marketing and brand strategy, and a proven track record of results in these areas;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to work well with in a diverse, highly collaborative environment;
- Experience running and growing organizational social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience working on podcast production a plus;
- Knowledge of basic HTML a plus.
The salary range is $70,000-85,000 commensurate with experience. AFJ also offers a comprehensive and generous benefits program:
Health – We offer medical, dental, vision benefits, as well an employee assistance program for physical and mental well-being.
Savings – Save for retirement with our 401K plan with employer matching. Health savings account and flexible spending account. Other insurances include life and disability.
Time – We have a generous paid time off policy.
Family -We provide up to 12 weeks paid leave.
This position has no direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so. Ability to travel by train and airplane and work long hours when needed. All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
General office working conditions, the noise level in the office is usually quiet. This is a full-time position. Some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required when needed.
AFJ’s non-management staff members are unionized under the Baltimore-Washington Newspaper Guild.
Our employees share our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants please reference Marketing Communications Manager in your subject line and submit a letter of interest, resume and writing sample to Director of Administration, Alicia Peyton at [email protected]. (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
AFJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFJ prohibits discrimination against its employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, sero-status and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or income.
This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.