Alliance for Justice is seeking an experienced digital communications professional to join our team as Web Manager. The Web Manager oversees maintaining the three main AFJ/AFJAC websites (AFJ, Bolder Advocacy, and AFJAC) and all email marketing efforts. In partnership with the communications team, they help implement an overall digital media strategy, as well as discrete campaigns as needed. They ensure digital properties align with AFJ’s overall strategy and effectively engage key audiences around AFJ’s work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of Alliance web properties (AFJ, AFJAC, and BA), including updates, design, maintenance, and performance to ensure sites are helping achieve organization goals. Execute all build-out of new content sections for 3 websites. Create and populate new pages, update menus, create categories and tags as appropriate. Manage daily content additions and updates and coordinate content creation as needed.
- Manage current contract with Forum One, serve as primary point of contact for all ongoing web work. Prioritize, assign, and manage tasks against the contract retainer.
- Act as project manager for creation of new organization websites and/or mini-sites for specific campaigns.
- Working with the Director of Administration, remain current on issues that may impact the security of AFJ websites, take appropriate proactive measures to maintain security and respond immediately to any security breaches of AFJ web properties. Maintain all domain registrations.
- Manage email activities in Salsa including building, testing and distribution of all email communications, including news, digests, content alerts, calls to action, and fundraising; building of donation pages for Development team as needed, including for special event registrations and sponsorships; executing updates/edits to existing donation pages; assisting Development team in building out Salsa pages for major events, including testing forms and autoresponders; assisting Communications/outreach to build our Advocacy modules (Take Action pages, petitions etc.)
- As requested, run queries in Salsa for supporter info, donation info, advocacy analytics.
- In tandem with the Communications Manager, help research and execute creative digital strategies.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on web, and email KPIs and make recommendations to enhance traffic and supporter participation. Run analytics as requested for grant submissions and reporting as well as for general department inquiries. Pull reports of form submissions.
- Working with Justice team, maintain and update complex judicial nominations database and reports in Access and update statistics on website. Assist Communications Manager in managing AFJ digital library, including photos, videos, and infographics;
- Support AFJ branding and messaging consistency across all media;
- Keep up-to-date on digital media and web industry standards and trends;
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned.
- After-hours and weekend work are occasionally required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working on multifaceted digital campaigns and/or programs.
- Broad understanding of web production and online marketing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide range of constituencies and respond to large and diverse partner base.
- Excellent writing, conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and setting priorities.
- Strong experience with WordPress; familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in Salsa or other CRM.
- Proficiency in Access.
- Experience with Google Ad Words and SEO strategy.
- Knowledge and prior use of InDesign helpful.
- Experience with email segmentation and communication strategies, specifically for increasing action rates for fundraising and advocacy.
- Highly organized, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Sense of humor, creative energy, proactive and a great team player.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations, team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance and tardiness policy.
The salary range is $57,000-$61,000 commensurate with experience. AFJ provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, optional vision, dental, flexible spending account, and life and disability insurance, as well as commuter benefits and retirement programs.
This position has no direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so. Ability to travel by train and airplane and work long hours when needed. All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
General office working conditions, the noise level in the office is usually quiet. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or comparable 8-hour period. Some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required when needed.
Our employees share our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants please reference Web Manager in your subject line and submit a letter of interest, resume and writing sample to the Director of Administration, Alicia Peyton at [email protected]. (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
AFJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFJ prohibits discrimination against its employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, sero-status and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or income.
This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.