The U.S. Supreme Court’s decisions affect everyone in America, every day.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s decisions affect everyone in America. AFJ works to make sure that the Supreme Court respects the values of equality and justice for all. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has often ruled in the wrong direction, rolling back protections for everyday people. Recent decisions have impacted immigrants, reproductive rights, LGBTQ equality, and workers; critical cases are on the docket for the current Supreme Court term that threaten to further erode our rights.
With the appointment of three Trump justices who will serve for decades, America faces the most right-wing Supreme Court we have had in generations. The Court has already begun to fulfill predictions that their rulings would roll back hard-won rights and freedoms. Click here for a list of rulings and decisions by Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett that threaten the rights of millions of people.
Read some of the coverage of recent Supreme Court cases:
- Ramos Decision Promotes Equal Justice Under Law
- Supreme Court Must Respect Precedent on Abortion
- Health Care Faces Another Big Supreme Court Test
- SCOTUS Census Ruling Wholly Justified
- Time for a Supreme Court Code of Conduct
- SCOTUS Transgender Military Ban Ruling Sends a Terrible Message
- Reform the Supreme Court
- Nearly 500 Law Professors and Legal Scholars Sign Letter Opposing Kavanaugh
- Unions Will Stay Strong After Janus
- Muslim Ban Ruling “Will Not Be Accepted in Silence”
- Ruling in NIFLA Case Is “Call to Action”
- Cakeshop Ruling Makes It “More Important than Ever” to Fight Discrimination
- Ruling in Epic Systems v. Lewis Strikes Major Blow to Workers’ Rights
- Trump v. Hawaii: Will the Establishment Clause Continue To Protect Religious Minorities From Discrimination?
- Deceiving Pregnant Women Isn’t a Free Speech Right
- SCOTUS Case Highlights Courts’ Role in Women’s Health
- It’s About the Wedding Cake. If by “Wedding Cake” You Mean “Nationwide Anti-LGBT Discrimination.”