The strength of Alliance for Justice is rooted in our membership more than 150 organizations who share a commitment to an equitable, just, and free society. Throughout the decades of AFJ’s history, our members have been at the forefront in defending our communities’ constitutional rights and building power across the progressive movement to fight for social justice – in the courts, halls of Congress, state houses, ballot boxes across the country, and in the communities they serve.
Apply to become a member today!
Let us know here if you’d like your organization to be featured in a future Member Spotlight, which is posted online, promoted on social media, featured in newsletters to our entire membership, and included in our weekly Bolder Advocacy Digest.
Why Should You Join AFJ? Because we…
- Are a force multiplier of your work that impacts your mission, engaging our diverse
members with access to millions of individuals on campaigns to expand the diversity of the
federal bench and protect nonprofits’ rights to advocate.
- Offer members tailored resources on judicial nominations and nonprofit advocacy, including discounts on our world class Bolder Advocacy trainings.
- Expand the advocacy capacity of the nonprofit community from large, national groups to local grassroots organizations and everyone in between.
- Protect nonprofits’ ability to advocate at the federal, state, and local levels and with legislatures, state agencies, and executive offices.
- Strengthen our community’s work by monitoring federal legislation that impacts our civil justice system and track court decisions that have implications for consumers, employees, the disenfranchised, and the vitality of our democracy.
- Share our expertise on judicial nominations with the progressive movement, advocating for fair-minded and diverse judges that will protect our members’ missions, even when our members cannot advocate for judicial nominees directly.
AFJ members receive:
- Free Bolder Advocacy resources: Access to all of BA’s materials and reports, complimentary participation in our public webinars, access to quarterly member-only trainings as well as on-demand trainings, and discounts on customized workshops;
- Access to the experts: Tailored technical assistance on advocacy laws as they apply to your work – via our hotline (866-NP-LOBBY), dedicated e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), and in-person consultations;
- Exclusive member events and communications: quarterly member events and newsletters where you can highlight your advocacy, campaigns, and upcoming events, as well as issue-specific convenings of our members;
- Increased visibility: Opportunities to highlight your organization, projects, and advocacy via online Member Spotlights, guest blog posts, and on AFJ’s social media accounts, plus a listing in our website and brochures;
- Cutting edge research on judicial nominees: In-depth research and reports on federal lower court and Supreme Court nominees;
- Enhanced community: Opportunities to connect with AFJ’s membership of more than 140 progressive organizations.
Hear about AFJ from current members:
- “Working with amazing partners like Alliance for Justice have helped us to ensure that the records of these dangerous nominees are well-known to the Senators before they vote on them… Our courts matter, and they are worth fighting for.” – Lambda Legal
- “Alliance for Justice has been an incredible resource for our courts work by providing the research on federal judicial nominees as well as accompanying messaging guidance. Additionally, we look to AFJ to help us navigate the complexities and nuances of 501(c)(3) permissible activities. The organization is a tremendous source of support to our staff and field, and a valued partner.” – National Council of Jewish Women
- “Alliance for Justice’s Bolder Advocacy Initiative is a critical resource for Community Catalyst and our state and local partners… We utilized Bolder Advocacy’s expertise to offer one-on-one coaching and technical assistance to attendees on advocacy and civic engagement related questions, including what activities are allowable by law under a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status.” – Community Catalyst
- “AFJ has a super helpful team and the best resources around. They basically wrote the rules I abide by in running a c3/c4 operation and supporting other local organizations to do the same.” – Alliance for Youth Organizing
Annual dues are prorated based on organizational budgets for 501(c)3 public charities and 501(c)4 organizations according to the sliding scale below. Dues rates for other organizations will be determined on a case by case basis. Membership is renewed on an annual basis.
- Up to $2.5 Million: $500
- $2.5Million to $5 Million: $1,000
- $5 Million to $10 Million: $2,500
- $10 Million to $20 Million: $3,500
- $20 Million and above: $5,000
Click here to apply to join us today!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.