The strength of Alliance for Justice is rooted in our membership of over 120 organizations who share a commitment to an equitable, just, and free society. Throughout the decades of AFJ’s history, our members have been at the forefront in defending our communities’ constitutional rights and building power across the progressive movement to fight for social justice – in the courts, halls of Congress, state houses, ballot boxes across the country, and in the communities they serve.
National Partnership for Women & Families
Let us know here if you’d like your organization to be featured in a future Member Spotlight, which is posted online, promoted on social media, featured in newsletters to our entire membership, and included in our weekly Bolder Advocacy Digest.
Why Should You Join AFJ? Because we…
- Are a force multiplier of your work and work that impacts your mission, engaging our 130 organizational members with access to millions of individuals on campaigns to expand the diversity of the federal bench and protect nonprofits’ rights to advocate.
- As a member, you will have opportunities to highlight your advocacy and learn from other members via quarterly members events; complimentary access to AFJ’s virtual gala; online Member Spotlights, monthly newsletters, and social media events
- Expand the advocacy capacity of the nonprofit community from large, national groups to local grassroots organizations and everyone in between.
- Our work increases the capacity of the nonprofit and funding community to engage in effective, strategic advocacy through trainings, technical assistance, legal resources, and guidance on navigating lobbying and campaign finance rules and regulations.
- Our members enjoy access to all Bolder Advocacy’s materials and reports, complimentary participation in our public webinars, and discounts on customized workshops.
- Protect nonprofits’ ability to advocate at the federal, state, and local levels and with legislatures, state agencies, and executive offices. We are fighting to ensure we can continue to advocate for the rights and protections of our communities, monitoring and weighing in on policies such as campaign finance and democracy reforms that impact how and how much nonprofits can advocate.
- Strengthen our community’s work by monitoring federal legislation that impacts our civil justice system and track court decisions that have implications for consumers, employees, the disenfranchised, and the vitality of our democracy.
- Share our expertise on judicial nominations with the progressive movement, advocating for fair-minded and diverse judges that will protect our member’s missions, even when our members cannot advocate for judicial nominees directly.
- We serve as the foremost expert on federal judicial nominations. Our Building the Bench program advocates for the confirmation of demographically and professionally diverse, highly-qualified judges who will protect our – and our members’ – rights and reverse the last four years of unqualified nominees. We conduct in- depth research and share our findings with the Senate, media, and public.
- Engage the progressive community to understand the impact of judges on their missions and prioritize the appointment and confirmation of diverse and highly qualified judges: We educate and activate our members and other impacted advocacy organizations by creating toolkits, sample advocacy materials and letters, and other tools to make it as easy to advocate for progressive judges as possible.
AFJ members receive:
- Free Bolder Advocacy resources: Access to all of BA’s materials and reports, complimentary participation in our public webinars, access to quarterly member-only trainings, and discounts on customized workshops;
- Access to the experts: Tailored technical assistance on advocacy laws as they apply to your work – via our hotline (866-NP-LOBBY), dedicated e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), and in-person consultations;
- Exclusive member events and communications: quarterly member events and newsletters where you can highlight your advocacy, campaigns, and upcoming events;
- Increased visibility: Opportunities to highlight your organization, projects, and advocacy via online Member Spotlights, guest blog posts, and on AFJ’s social media accounts, plus a listing in AFJ’s luncheon program, our website and brochures;
- One complimentary ticket to AFJ’s annual luncheon or New York reception, and exclusive invitations to members-only events and briefings;
- Cutting edge research on judicial nominees: In-depth research and reports on federal lower court and Supreme Court nominees;
- Enhanced community: Opportunities to connect with AFJ’s membership of more than 120 progressive organizations.
Hear about AFJ from current members:
- “Working with amazing partners like Alliance for Justice have helped us to ensure that the records of these dangerous nominees are well-known to the Senators before they vote on them… Our courts matter, and they are worth fighting for.” – Lambda Legal
- “Alliance for Justice has been an incredible resource for our courts work by providing the research on federal judicial nominees as well as accompanying messaging guidance. Additionally, we look to AFJ to help us navigate the complexities and nuances of 501(c)(3) permissible activities. The organization is a tremendous source of support to our staff and field, and a valued partner.” – National Council of Jewish Women
- “Alliance for Justice’s Bolder Advocacy Initiative is a critical resource for Community Catalyst and our state and local partners… We utilized Bolder Advocacy’s expertise to offer one-on-one coaching and technical assistance to attendees on advocacy and civic engagement related questions, including what activities are allowable by law under a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status.” – Community Catalyst
- “AFJ has a super helpful team and the best resources around. They basically wrote the rules I abide by in running a c3/c4 operation and supporting other local organizations to do the same.” – Alliance for Youth Organizing
Annual dues are prorated based on organizational budgets for 501(c)3 public charities and 501(c)4 organizations according to the sliding scale below. Dues rates for other organizations will be determined on a case by case basis. Membership is renewed on an annual basis.
- Up to $2.5 Million: $500
- $2.5Million to $5 Million: $1,000
- $5 Million to $10 Million: $2,500
- $10 Million to $20 Million: $3,500
- $20 Million and above: $5,000
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.