Join the movement to protect our courts.
Monthly donors help us continue to fight for justice and equality for all. With your monthly support, we can:
- Conduct extensive background research on judicial nominees so that we know what type of jurists they’ll be on the bench;
- Conduct trainings to empower and educate nonprofits on how to advocate around the issues close to their missions;
- Support efforts like the FAIR Act, which aims to end the unfair practice of forced arbitration to ensure everyone has their day in court;
- And more!
Donate whatever you can per month and watch the power of your consistent dollars hard at work. As a monthly donor, you are vital partner in funding the work that will ultimately bring justice and equality to all.
Help Alliance for Justice protect our rights and freedoms. Give a meaningful gift—make a donation in honor of, or in memory of, someone special today. We’ll send a keepsake card in the mail to notify them of your gift.
How Will You Be Remembered?
Our democracy depends on a fair and independent judiciary and an actively engaged American public—the cornerstones of our work at Alliance for Justice. When you leave a gift to Alliance for Justice, your legacy can be forever joined with the fight for justice.
Three Easy Ways to Leave a Gift That Cost You Nothing Now:
1. Make a Gift through Your Retirement Account
Naming Alliance for Justice as a beneficiary of a retirement plan account (such as an IRA) can be one of the most tax-wise gifts you can make. Simply ask your plan administrator for a beneficiary designation form and write in Alliance for Justice as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary (Tax ID #52-1009973).
2. Make a Gift to AFJ in Your Will or Trust
After you have provided for your family, leaving a gift in your will or trust is a great way to put your ideals into action even beyond your lifetime. You can leave a specific dollar amount, a percentage, or whatever amount you chose to Alliance for Justice. Discuss your wishes with your attorney and use the sample language on the right.
3. Donate Stocks or Other Assets
One of the simplest ways to ensure your legacy is by naming Alliance for Justice as the beneficiary of certificates of deposit, bank or brokerage accounts, life insurance policies or donor advised funds. Your financial institution can assist you with this easy process.
Benefits to You
The gifts described here offer you many benefits:
- Your gift costs you nothing now.
- You are not locked in. You can change your mind if your circumstances change.
- You can take care of your loved ones and Alliance for Justice.
- There is no minimum gift required. Every gift makes a difference.
- You can make a gift in honor of or tribute to someone who inspires you.
- You may remain anonymous, should you choose to do so.
- You have the chance to be remembered as someone who made a lasting difference in the fight to advance equal rights and justice.
Passing along your values through a legacy gift is extremely rewarding. We would be honored to be included in your plans and are available to discuss the best options for you and your family. Please contact us at [email protected] or call Alisha Dingus at 202-822-6070.
Making a gift to Alliance for Justice in the form of appreciated stock or mutual funds allows you to have an immediate impact on our work to bring justice and equality to all, while also possibly paying less in income taxes.
As always, we recommend that you consult a tax professional with any specific questions.
Please provide your broker with the following information:
Bank Name: U.S. Bank
DTC #: 2803
Broker A/C Name: Alliance for Justice IMA
Account Number: 1-09490
Bank Address: Boston Trust & Investment Management Company | Walden Asset Management
One Beacon St, 33rd Floor | Boston, MA 02108
We want to ensure all gifts to AFJ are properly received and acknowledged, so please email [email protected] or call 202-822-6070 either before or after donating securities, and provide the following information about the gift:
- Name of the stock
- Number of shares
- Your name and address
Does your company or employer have a matching gift policy? If so, you may be able to double your support of Alliance for Justice.
Mail or email your employer’s completed and signed matching gift form to:
Alliance for Justice
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
If your organization or company uses a matching gift platform, submit your request by entering AFJ’s EIN (52-1009973).